MEET THE REALTOR®
- Hometown: Medina, Ohio
- Current city: Burbank,Ohio
- Alma mater: Medina High School
- Very first job: Cashier at Marc’s
Someone you admire and why? My parents, because of their strong will and determination and the family values they’ve instilled in my siblings and me.
How do you spend your “free” time? What’s free time, lol?! When I’m not buried in home searches, phone calls, and email responses, you can find me living, eating and breathing my family. My son, Brady, 5 and step kids, Joey, 17, and only girl Tommie, 18 keep me running… literally. They run cross country and track so I am at meets all year long. If I’m not out cheering them on, I’m hard at work, helping my husband with his lifelong dream of owning concession trailers. That’s right… I’m a carny in my other life! We own food trailers that consist of cotton candy, funnel cakes, French fries, cheese curds, etc. If my summer weekends aren’t booked full of house showings or open houses, I travel the state with my husband and children visiting fairs and festivals and selling our creations.
Favorite app, website or blog? My favorite app is Allrecipes! I’m always looking for new ideas to feed my family in a healthy way. And of course, the Target app!
Go-to power song/band? My playlist ranges from Sade to Tech N9ne, Kid Rock to any and ALL country! I’d say one of my all-time favorites if I had to pick is Eric Church.
What would you eat for your very last meal? Anything Lebanese, except lamb meat…
What is something you want to learn or master? I consider myself a jack of all trades, master of none. I think if there was only one thing I want to learn, I’d be limiting myself. I want to learn something new every day.
If you could have coffee with anyone in the world, who would it be? My grandma, she passed away 3 years ago. After she died, I realized how much she had been our family historian. A lot of stories died with her and I’d give anything to sit and listen to her tell them all.
Three words to describe yourself. Generous, caring, determined.
- What does your typical workday look like: I usually start my day by checking emails, looking at updates on the MLS and following up on buyer’s leads or seller’s feedback responses. I think what I love about Real Estate is no day is “typical” Every day leads me down a new path, as soon as the phone rings.
- What or Who inspired you to become a REALTOR®?: For me, Real Estate was a natural progression. I had spent 10 years in banking and branch management. I had a very strong lending foundation and was looking to move away from a corporate lifestyle.
- Who are some of the people in your field that you look to for inspiration? Honestly, I admire many of the agents here at M.C. Real Estate. Each one brings their own unique style and knowledge. Being lucky enough to be surrounded by such successful individuals inspires me to make a difference.
- What is your ultimate dream job?: I’m well on my way to having it! I love being a REALTOR®. I’m focused on continuing to grow my business and becoming an agent that Medina knows, likes and trusts.
- What advice would you give to someone trying to break into your industry?: You need a plan, you need to be committed to the plan and you need to accept that nothing will ever go as expected! If you maintain a positive attitue and have confidence in your ability to help people, you can go very far in this career.
- What motivates and inspires you?: My kids. They are the air I breathe. In every single thing I do, I think of them. They make me want to be the best version of myself. And my husband, because he supports me in doing what I love.
- Career and/or life advice for others?: “Don’t start today with the broken pieces of yesterday. Start today as if it were the first day of the rest of your life”