With warmer weather, we thought we’d share an easy Pasta salad that can serve as a main dish as well! Grab a bowl, brush off the patio furniture, and enjoy a little spring picnic!
- 1package (16 ounces) frozen cheese-filled tortellini
- 1/2cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1cup cucumber chopped
- 1cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 3/4cup kalamata olives halved or sliced
- 1cup feta cheese
- Optional: fresh parsley
- 1/4cup +2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 & 1/2teaspoons minced garlic
- 1teaspoon white sugar
- 2teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2cup olive oil
- Fresh cracked pepper to taste
- Prepare the tortellini according to package directions. Drain and rinse under cold water and set aside.
- Meanwhile, prepare the veggies: thinly slice the red onion, chop the cucumber (peel if desired, I like to leave the skin on), halve the cherry tomatoes, halve or slice the olives, crumble or cut the feta cheese into chunks.
- Toss together the completely cooled tortellini with all the veggies and add in some chopped fresh parsley if desired (I add in like 3-4 tablespoons).
- Prepare the dressing by combining all of the ingredients in a sealable jar. For the lemon, zest it to get about 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest and then juice it to get 2 teaspoons lemon juice. Shake all of the ingredients together until well combined.
- Toss the chilled salad with the dressing, some fresh cracked pepper, and a pinch of salt if needed. Chill covered for at least one hour (best at 2-3 hours). Toss again and enjoy!