MEET THE REALTOR
- Hometown: Chippewa Lake, Ohio
- Current City: Medina
- Alma Mater: Cloverleaf Senior High School & Walsh University
- Very first job: Richardson Farms & Mack’s Food Center
- Someone you admire and why? Barbara Corcoran ~ She is motivating and she always wears a smile. She challenges people to take chances and be their absolute best. She tells you that it’s ok to fail. She doesn’t sugar coat life or business.
- How do you spend your free time? Taking care of myself, my family and my home. I love to work on my flowers in my yard in the summer.
- Favorite app? Pinterest and Instagram
- Favorite website? WelcomeHomeMedina.com of course!
- Favorite blog? I’m not really a “blog” reader but my friend, Wendi Clardy, will share her blog posts on Facebook. When she does I always click through and read them. She’s such a strong person and she truly inspires me.
- Go-to Power Song? Hillsong Worship “Who You Say I Am”
- What would you eat for your very last meal? Spaghetti from Papa Joe’s in the Valley
- What is something you want to learn or master? I want to purchase a small RV and travel. This would help me master relaxation I’m sure.
- If you could have coffee with anyone in the world, who would it be? Barbara Corcoran
- Four words to describe yourself? Christian, Wife, Mom, Realtor
- What does your typical workday look like? Every day is different but I try to be at my office between 8:00 & 8:30 am. I check the MLS to see what’s new for the day in the market. I go through my listings to determine marketing for the day, I follow up on my pending transactions and then I follow up on business correspondences and network within the community.
- What or Who inspired you to become a REALTOR? My friend, Jim Cook, inspired me to become a REALTOR. He was helping me look for investment properties and he looked at me and said, “You should get your real estate license. You know more about real estate than anyone I know.”
- Who are some of the people in your field that you look to for inspiration? Famous professionals… Mike Ferry & Barbara Corcoran | People in my real everyday life… Matt Marquard. He has been my motivator since coming to M.C. Real Estate. | Rob Skidmore. He is someone I trust in the industry that, as an attorney and title agent, sees real estate from a different point of view. He also shares the same commitment to our community that I do. | And lastly… Jill Renee Hill. She has always been an inspiration to me as a Realtor. She’s a strong, independent professional with a fierce heart.
- What’s your ultimate dream job? I’m doing exactly what I love!
- What advice would you give to someone trying to break into your industry? First and foremost… GO FOR IT! Manage your time wisely. Find balance. Get organized and stay organized. Never stop improving yourself. Set boundaries for your business. Be as professional as you can be but your family should always come first. And, if you’re not planning to make an actual commitment to real estate, don’t get into the business. It gives the industry a bad name.
- What motivates and inspires you? I love helping people. You never know who you’re going to help or who’s going to come your way. It’s not at ALL about selling houses. As a REALTOR, you are helping people make a life changing event. Some clients come and go and others become lifelong friends.
- Career and or life advice for others? You can’t please everyone. You don’t know everything. You will learn something new every day in real estate… good and bad. Put out the good! Don’t dwell on the bad. Always be positive and encouraging.