MEET THE REALTOR
Current city: Wadsworth
Alma mater: Wadsworth
Degree: Bachelor of Arts – Business Management/Marketing
Very first job: Wendy’s in Wadsworth
- Someone you admire and why? I have a friend who went through a horrible divorce when her children were very young. She had not had a job since starting her family but found herself in need of supporting herself and children again. She put herself back in classes and earned her Insurance License, got a job and took care of what she had to take care of all while never once speaking ill of her ex-husband to her children. She is a woman of great integrity and faith and I’ve always admired her for how she handled herself in such a dire situation.
- How do you spend your “free” time? I love to garden (when it’s not snowing of course), tending to my koi pond, and decorating.
- A favorite app, website or blog? Pinterest is my new favorite…you can literally find ideas for everything on that app, LOVE IT!!!!
- Go-to power song/band? Give me Tony Bennett or Frank Sinatra and I’m a happy girl
- What would you eat for your very last meal? A WHOLE pumpkin cheesecake
- What is something you want to learn or master? I would love to learn how to make furniture and master woodworking projects
- If you could have coffee with anyone in the world, who would it be? Probably my grandpa Black-I just miss him
- Three words to describe yourself? Loving, over analyzer, faithful friend
- What does your typical workday look like? But first, COFFEE!!! Then I have to feed my puppies. 2 days a week I go to the Medina County SPCA barn to take care of the animals there. I then log on to my computer and check emails and check to see the new daily activity of new houses that have come on the market, how many have sold, etc. I then tend to any daily needs of my current clients.
- What or Who inspired you to become a REALTOR®? My husband and I are going to start flipping houses and that’s what initially gave me the thought to become a licensed REALTOR. Since getting my license I’ve learned how much I love this profession. It gives me great satisfaction to help people find their new dream home or help them sell the place they’ve called home or the home of a loved one who needs to move on. That’s not something I take lightly, and I’m privileged to be a part of that!
- Who are some of the people in your field that you look to for inspiration? Definitely, Matt Marquard. He has been a great teacher for me, but he doesn’t caudle me. I understand I am responsible for moving myself forward but at the same time I’m never alone…he’s always been there to help me through the learning process.
- What’s your ultimate dream job? To work with dolphins or elephants
- What advice would you give to someone trying to break into your industry? Know that it takes time and effort to build up clients, it’s not something that happens overnight. Also, be sure you have a mentor who knows their stuff and who is truly interested in helping you to be successful.
- What motivates and inspires you? Helping others. That sounds very cliché, but I truly mean that. We are here to help those around us using the gifts we are given. The key is to know what your gifts are and be sure to use them for the good of others.
- Career and/or life advice for others? I will tell you what I’ve tried very hard to instill into my children, and that is to do what you love as a job and not what brings in the biggest paycheck. While you must make a living financially, you will spend most time at your job (in most cases) and if you’re miserable all day, that will reflect on the rest of your life. Do what you love and make your life fit into the paycheck. My life advice is to always have a thankful heart; to actually say out loud things you are thankful every morning. As for me, I thank my God for my blessings.