The favorite side of so many…..Mashed potatoes, made EASY.
- Give mashed potatoes an extra bit of fluff with a pinch of baking soda while mashing. The result ~ your mash will be light and creamy!
- No one around to help you scrub the potatoes? Run the spuds through the rinse cycle in your dishwasher to jet clean your potatoes without a struggle. Remember though…don’t add detergent!
- Prefer your potatoes skinned before you mash? Skinning potatoes can’t be easier. Boil them for around 15 minutes. After letting them cool for 10 minutes or so, simply rub the skins off with your hands and you’re ready to go!
Pumpkin Pie Alternative: If you don’t want to make a homemade pie but still crave the taste of pumpkin pie at Thanksgiving, here is an easy option!
PUMPKIN PIE CRESCENTS: (A pumpkin pie inspired treat in about 20 minutes!)
- 1 roll Pillsbury Crescent rolls
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin pie filling or pumpkin pie mix
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1/2-1 tablespoon milk
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine pumpkin pie mix, egg yolk, and pumpkin pie spice.
- Unroll crescents and place 1 slightly heaping tablespoon of pumpkin pie mix on each crescent.
- Starting with the large end, roll the crescent over once and slightly pinch the sides to contain the filling. Continue rolling (a little filling might leak out, that’s ok). Place on a parchment paper-lined pan.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until browned.
- Combine glaze ingredients until smooth. Place in a small baggie.
- Let the crescents cool on the pan 10 minutes. Snip off a corner of the baggie, and drizzle the glaze over the crescents. Serve warm.
Have you decided to order-in this year for Thanksgiving, but still want your house to smell fall-like AMAZING? Here is a Fall Potpourri Recipe:
– the peel of one orange
– one cut up apple
– 2 large cinnamon sticks
– 1 tablespoon of cloves
– 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
– 1 tablespoon of almond extract
– 1.5 cups of water plus plenty more for refill
Place all ingredients in a cooking pot and simmer throughout the day while adding a bit of water from time to time.
MOST IMPORTANTLY….No matter how you celebrate or what you serve…ENJOY time with your family and friends! Happy Thanksgiving from all of us at M. C. Real Estate!