Winter presents its own unique set of challenges. There are steps you can take to brighten your home make it enjoyable for potential buyers.
Clear a Path
- Continually shovel a path through the snow, especially if snowflakes are still falling.
- Footprints on freshly fallen snow will turn to ice if the temperature is low enough, so scrape the walk.
- Sprinkle a layer of sand over the sidewalk and steps to ensure your buyers’ stable footing.
- Remember to open a path from the street to the sidewalk so visitors aren’t forced to crawl over snowdrifts.
- If it’s raining, put a rubber mat by the front door or a container to hold wet umbrellas and shoes.
Let in the Light
- Pull up the blinds, open the shutters, push back the drapes on every window.
- Turn on every light in the house, including appliance lights and closet lights.
- Brighten dark rooms with few windows by placing spotlights on the floor behind furniture.
We know you probably have a lot on your plate this time of year. Contact one of our agents http://www.mcrealestateohio.com/our-realtors/ to make the process flow effortlessly!