Here is a recipe for a Valentine’s Day Treat!
What you need:
- 2 bags microwave popcorn or 1/2- 2/3 cup popcorn kernels, popped
- 12 oz bag vanilla-flavored Candy Melts (i.e.Wilton Candy Melts (use the pink for this Valentine recipe)
- 2 cups pretzels- broken into pieces
- 1 – 1.5 cups M&Ms
- Sprinkles, Nonpareils, Holiday shaped candies for decoration
How to make it
- Pop popcorn and set aside. Be sure to pick any unpopped kernels out– they aren’t fun to bite into when you don’t expect them!
Melt the candy melts at 30-second intervals in the microwave, stirring frequently until melted.
- Toss broken pretzels and M&Ms into the bowl with popcorn. Then pour the melted candy over the top and combine with a rubber spatula- using 2 rubber spatulas may work too.
- Spread mixture out on a sheet of wax paper
- Sprinkle the nonpareils, candy bits or sprinkles
- After the chocolate dries/firms up again, break into bits and either store in an airtight container (for about a week) or package it up into treat bags to share with friends, classmates, and neighbors!