This meal just has fall written all over it with its seasonal veggies and the fact that it’s just comfort food perfect for a cool breezy fall day.
One Pan Autumn Chicken Dinner
- 5 (6 – 7 oz) bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- 4 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (1 Tbsp)
- 1 Tbsp each minced fresh thyme, sage, and rosemary
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large sweet potato (about 16 oz) (I leave unpeeled), chopped into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 lb Brussels sprouts, sliced into halves
- 2 medium fuji apples, cored and sliced into half-moons about 3/4-inch thick
- 2 shallot bulbs, peeled and sliced about 1/4-inch thick
- 4 slices hickory smoked bacon, chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 2 Tbsp chopped parsley, for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Pour 2 Tbsp olive oil, red wine vinegar, garlic and herbs into a gallon-size resealable bag.
- Add chicken, season with salt and pepper then seal bag and massage mixture over chicken while working to evenly distribute herbs. Set aside and let rest while chopping veggies.
- Place sweet potato, Brussels sprouts, apples and shallot on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Drizzle with remaining 2 Tbsp olive oil then toss to evenly coat, season with salt and pepper to taste. Spread into an even layer.
- Set chicken thighs over the veggie/apple layer.
- Sprinkle bacon over veggie apple mixture.
- Roast in the preheated oven until chicken and veggies are golden brown, about 30 – 35 minutes (chicken should register 165 in the center). Broil during the last few minutes for a more golden brown crispy skin on chicken if desired.